Monday, April 9, 2012

First day of class at 北星学園大学!

I finally am back on track as a student :) No more wine distributor internship for now!

First day of class is fun even though class is going to be at 8:50 everyday! It is a small class setting just the way I like it and with interaction or more like speaking practice haha The class is also pretty diverse. We have people from the states, England and Korea! Apparently, we will have different teachers too on different day, so classes should stay very interesting with all the different teachers and different teaching style.

Having been lived in Japan for a while now, I can totally tell the difference from America/Italy to this traditional, rule-oriented world - Japan. Before I came to Japan, I thought I would have no problem fitting in since I have traveled to Japan for couple of times and knew the culture a little. However, actually living here is a totally different thing. There are so many rules to follow, so if things are not perfect as the way it needs to be, sometimes it is really not acceptable. I guess my living experience in the states and Italy really doesn't help too much haha since now I just feel a little restricted. Nonetheless, this is definitely a good practice for me and a good challenge in life!

Having a host family this time is a big change for me too! When I lived in Italy in an apartment with all my flat mates, there is nothing to worry about, but just to keep clean and respectful. I was always on my own and there is no curfew or anything. Now that I am living with a very nice and loving family, I have an ka-san (host mom!) that asks me about my daily schedule all the time and just little siblings to hang out with. I am not on my own anymore and have to learn living with a family as a while! It is definitely good to know that I have some people that got my back here and someone that I can always talk to. I am thankful that they are all teaching me a lot about the culture. I totally love seeing their smiles and feeling their love.

So a little conclusion for the day: maybe I was born Italian the life before this hahaha I am such a free spirit, but I am totally stepping up to this challenge - live like a Japanese and follow the rules (for a little)!

No comments:

Post a Comment