Friday, April 20, 2012

Back into the House!

Ciao tutti :) Come stai? I had another exhausting day today, but of course exhausting in a good way! I was supposed to move back to the Nishino house yesterday, instead I moved back today because I knew I would be way too tired to move home after yosakoi practice that ends at 9:30. Plus homework, I don't think it would be smart for me to move haha

Anyway, I moved back to the house today. The moving process was a bit long and tiring. The subway ride from school to home is normally pretty short, but today with all my heavy luggage, it felt like I had ages to go home.

It's so good to be home to see everyone :) I miss the crazy laugh that Riho has and my host parents' cooking! They are both awesome cook :) We had chirashi sushi for dinner tonight! Yum! To be honest, I wasn't a 100% about moving out of Kirari. I love my host family, but now I grow to love living in Kirari too. Even though I only stayed there for a short period, I enjoyed living there with everyone so much! It's a different experience than living in a dorm. On the third floor, there are a lot of korean students and 3 guys from England. So most of the time, I speak English with the boys then Japanese with my korean friends there. I can tell that it is a different bonding there that I had with everyone who is super nice to me. I guess it is different too because now that I move out, there is no way of me being there anymore. The school doesn't allow anyone on the third floor, but only people who lives there. No visitors allowed :( I guess I will just see all my friends in class! Meh! I had so much fun cooking dinner for everyone and learning the Ukulele + playing it every night. It's definitely part of my best memory here.

Another interesting thing of the day is the TV shows that I watch with my host family! We were watching a game show on TV that asks two teams of artists/singers to guess different things. The first game was to guess whether this person is a guy or a girl (very interesting, surprising and partially scary HA), then it was to guess this two little twins who is doing the actual action (for example, who is actually eating the cake / who is petting a dog), the last one was guessing which Korean girls actually got plastic surgery. Everything was just so interesting lol I am amazed by their TV shows I guess hahaha

Anyway, I will get a chance to go to Riho's primary school tomorrow to observe her class! So let's see how a Japanese classroom is tomorrow! Nighty night :)

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahhahaahahahah the singing/guy vs girl!! LOL
    btw- how do they view plastic surgery there? my korean friend said everyone was very concerned with being little and certain facial features.. do you see that reflected? just curious!:)
    how was riho's class!!! ahhh maybe you'll talk about it in the next one....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yessss i saw that in the show ... on the TV show and from what i learned from some of my korean friends, it is just like a society duty to make sure that you are "presentable" with appealing appearance, so it is very common for people to get plastic surgery in korea. im not sure about japan though ... haha and riho class was cute!!!!!!! :):) so funny though because i learned the same thing about kanji in my class like 2 days before lol whoopsies haha

      Delete