Thursday, April 12, 2012

A day with sunshine finally!

These past couple days have been very interesting for me. I have been struggling a little on decision making and just adjusting into the society here. However, I definitely had a good day today!

So what is my struggle? I have been looking into what clubs to join and all that, so I decided to do ballet (how can I not do it, when I see that it is in the list?!) and yosakoi (よさこい、Japanese dance). I went to the first yosakoi practice and totally love it! Everyone who does yosakoi definitely shows their energy and makes you feel how 元気 they are. Also, Wakana, a girl who studied abroad at Etown from Hokusei, was there to help me out and introduce me to a lot of nice, fun people, so I definitely had a fun time with everyone. However, yosakoi's practice is quite intense. It is 3.5 hours every Tuesday, Thursday from 6 to 9:30 and Sunday. With that, it also means I won't get home until 10:30ish and my host family always wait up for me. Plus, practice will get more intense and goes on everyday in May as the competition in June approach. To be honest, I would love to be part of this and it will be a great experience doing this energetic Japanese dance, but I would also love to spend time with my host family and see more of the city with new friends that I made here. From everything that I am looking at now, it will be most likely that I am not gonna do it. :( Sad but then I guess we always have to make different choices in life!

Or else life is HAPPY as usual :) especially today! The sun was out, shining bright above me which I totally love. Plus class was SO MUCH FUN with countless LAUGHERS haha today we had conversational class and writing class which requires a lot of talking and class discussions. I discovered that some people in class is just hilarious. Plus, I just had my first class of contemporary history of Japan and I think I am gonna love it. My professor is from London (reminds me of my art history professor in Italy!) and he is an intelligent person with a lot to teach, so I am pumped to learn! Plus, making new friends and running into friends on campus always makes me smile too :)

I guess life is just SO GOOD! :) oh and I am going to Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art tomorrow!! Who is excited? me me meowww!

1 comment: