Saturday, April 7, 2012

Finally moved in with my Host Family 西野(Nishino)!!

Hello everyone :) I am back! Today I finally met my host family and moved into their house! I have a host dad, a host mom, a 13-year-old host brother (Kohei) and a 9-year-old host sister (Riho)! Everyone is so loving and caring already! My papa already told me that we are now a family! :):)

Everyone from the BCA program met with our host family for the first time at 2 in Kirari (the international dorm on campus where we stayed for a little for orientation) It was so precious when I met my host family :) Riho was so shy at the beginning but then when we went for grocery shopping, we held hands!!!!!! :):)

For dinner, my host family took me to a restaurant for 回転寿司 (Conveyor belt sushi)!! It was so delicious but I definitely got too full haha Thankfully, I got to exercise a little after dinner because I played Just Dance on wii for the first time with Riho :) It's the funniest dancing game ever haha Totally loving everything here now! I love my host family!!

Oh and let's rewind a little to what I have done for the past couple days! Life in Kirari was fun! Living with everyone from the program and all that, you know? Now I made a lot of new friends from Soka University in California, also some other people from other college! :) Everyone definitely bounded during our time in Kirari! However, the placement test that we took on Friday was definitely the not as fun part for everyone lol the listening and oral part went quite alright but the last 3 pages in the written exam was really hard. But oh well, I am sure I will get placed into the correct level!

Now I will go get some rest, have a good Sunday then classes start on Monday at 8:50!! So pumped!!

2 comments:

  1. I never got around to going to a kaitenzushi the whole time I studied abroad last semester. I was going to go once with our neighbor but then I wasn't feeling well.

    Also, that placement test seriously does have a huge difficulty spike in the last few pages. If it was just the last few pages that were hard, you should end up in level 4 like I did.

    (Ryan Gartman)

    ReplyDelete