Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Decided: I am doing よさこい Yosakoi :)

Ciao tutti! Sorry that I haven't been keeping you all posted. Life has been pretty crazy lately. I wonder when is it not crazy for me haha anyway, I am currently staying in the international dorm - Kirari because my host family has some personal business to deal with and can't have me for a couple days. Kirari is indeed pretty fun. I do miss living in a dorm with other people in the States, so it has been fun living with other students again! I moved in here on Sunday with nothing knowing what exactly to expect. In fact, it was an interesting move-in because the international office here kind of forgot about my move-in and didn't inform the intense Japanese security guy, so I was given a challenge - explain myself in Japanese to the old man. Everything worked out fine, but it was just a big challenge I guess haha The floor that I am on mainly hosts students from Korea and England. I am also thankful that some people in my Japanese class actually lives on my floor - Momo, Ki, Chris and Xay.

So why is my life so crazy? First of all, I finally talked to my host family about doing yosakoi and they all encouraged me to do it since it is once-a-life-time experience. They said we can just hang out  a lot in June if I am going to be busy to death in May. Plus, I can possibly learn how to do yosakoi in Japan only, so I think I am in for this!

My weekend had an awesome start too. On Friday, I went to the Hokkaido museum of modern art with Jennifer, Silda, Jae and Matt where we all got a chance to meet the artist, Ten-ei Abe, who is currently having his exhibition there. With my love to art and art museum, I was so thankful for my luck and was way too excited to meet this gentleman who created tons of art work with a taste of Hokkaido. Then we all ended our night with going to 飲み放題(drink all you can).

Saturday was the day for host family parties. We all went to 小樽 Otaru for a nice lunch in a hotel. It was fun for most of it, but I felt it a bit disappointing then we only got an hour to sightsee around the city. Plus, the bus ride there is already an hour, so two hours of traveling and only an hour of sightseeing doesn't make too much sense to me. Anyway, it was a nice time to go out with my host family and get to meet other host family :) Plus, I got to go up to もいわ山 Mt. Moiwa, the highest mountain in Sapporo, with my host family to finally see the beautiful night view of Sapporo. I wanted to cry when I was up there because I am just amazed by how pretty the night view look.



I can't imagine when I get to go to 函館 Hakodate and get to see the night view there. Interesting enough, I got to see a Japanese all male A Capella group performing up on the mountain, which makes me really miss Phalanx, the all male A Capella group from school.

Okay. After 3 hours of dancing and just played a bit of football (I mean soccer) with the boys, I think it's time for bed :) Oyasumi!

4 comments:

  1. You're gonna be busy with Yosakoi! But you do seem like the type of person who'd be able to handle all that activity. Hope it goes well!

    By the way, I'm not sure if she's still there or not, but is Seulki-san (Surugi-san) still there? She was in my class last semester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :):) I'm excited for yosakoi too! i hope ill do well performing with everyone haha and im not sure if i know her ... i have been meeting way too many people lately lol can't really put people's faces and names together hahaha but tom and chris are both in my class!

      Delete
  2. so happy for your choice to dance and your host family's encouragement, that shows they are a good family with intentions for your well-being and experience! they understand your time is short :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 I know im a super lucky girlllll :):)

      Delete