Monday, April 23, 2012

Finally a cell phone!

Ciao tutti! How was everyone's weekend? My weekend was a little wild, which I will share with you in a little! Before that, I got a big news - finally have a cell phone to use in Nippon!! :)

Even though it took a while for everyone in the BCA program to get the phone, thanks to all the hard work that everyone has been putting in towards this achievement! Japan has an interesting cell phone plan and system. It is definitely not cheap to make phone calls, but thanks to the invention of unlimited texting messaging! Well maybe I should say S! Mail because in Japan people don't text but have a mail address and "email" each other! Anyway, enough of my phone haha let's get started on sharing my weekend, share we?

On Saturday, I got up at 7 and went to Riho's primary school open house, and it was the cutest scene ever! When you walked into the school, you have to first take off your shoes before entering the actual building. Riho's classroom was on the 4th floor - a classroom with 30 kids and a teacher! During our visit, the teacher was teaching everyone kanji (chinese character) and everyone in class was reacting pretty energetically. I did wonder if it is because all the parents were there to give the unspoken support!



Then from 10 to 4, I went back on campus for my Yosakoi dance practice! I know ... long but super fun! I already love everyone that I met on the team. Most people did seem a bit shy at first, but now I am able to make a lot of new friends. So the only challenge now is to put everyone's faces with a name ;)

After getting home, I was soon falling into my afternoon nap, and thank god I took a nap or else I wouldn't be able to stay up until 7:30 the next morning. That's right, you heard me! I got home at around 6:40 and was up until 7:30 in the morning. Here is my story to share - so on a fun Saturday night as a college student, I went out to hang out with everyone to meet new friend, chill and drink. So why go home in the morning? The Japanese public transportation indeed closes quite early. The bus stops running at around 9:30 pm and the subway stops running at around midnight, so if you go out to hang out for the night then you normally stay up the entire night unless you want to be nice to the taxi driver and pay them a very nice amount of money to get home! lol but no not me - I am a mean person as you all know ;)

The night was quite fun indeed not because of the places that we went to, but just because I was with a fun group of people! After going to 飲み放題 (drink all you can), we went to a club called "Booty" (What a name, right? Baha) Booty is just a super smoky and can-be-creepy places with plenty of creepers. According to my British friend's Oxford guidebook, it is also known for foreigners to pick up Japanese girls, so of course with my Asian look, I already had the disadvantage of being creep on. Anyway, I was fine (you all may not know me, but my self-defense teacher called me the tiny dangerous one) and my guy friends were there to help me. It was a fun night for the most of it, so I guess can't complain much ;) Oh and I "picked up" a Japanese girl too. I met this "sexy mess" when I was outside of the club getting some fresh air, then she pulled me back into the club and on stage to start dancing. That's right - she needs to learn how to get herself together - no kidding.



On my train ride home with Ki and Chris, I ran into Jennifer who went off with another group in the middle of the night! Well it was more like ... she heard me laughing in the subway from 4 carts away then found me lol but totally love all these seeing people around! Such a weekend!

Anyway, time to get some rest!! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment