Monday, July 4, 2011

A New Cultural Experience!

Ciao Tutti! (Hi Everyone!) I have wanted to start blogging again since I got accepted to study abroad in Italia this summer. My journey indeed began in late June in Roma then to Sicilia and now I finally settled in in my apartment in Firenze (have stories to tell about my apartment experience too)!

I definitely have a lot of stories to tell from days that I slacked off (well I was traveling and didn't have the best internet, but still no excuses, right?) I will try to catch up with y'all (yup got that from living in Texas :)) with all my stories!

To be honest, I have been "studying abroad" (if you call my 6-year of studying in America that lol) since I was 13, this study abroad experience is interesting. I went to America knowing English and now I am here in Italia knowing zero Italiano, so that was challenging (I'm totally loving it though, can you tell?) Plus, I have been to the states multiple times before I decided to move and study there. However, this is my first time to Europe. Scary enough? Quite! (still loving it!)

Now I am just gonna simply share today - 4th of July! Happy Birthday to America x
I went to the open market with a friend - Kristina that I met on my Sicilia trip. It was a lovely experience and I totally loved it. I love making friends as most people noticed and at the market, I began making friends with venders that I talked to. Of course, I spoke in Italiano too :) My limited Italiano that I had 3 classes of and more to come. So you greet people with "Ciao, michiamo NAME. Come ti chiami?" and you end the conversation with "Piacere" Simple and lovely :)

Anyway, ciao tutti! (bye everyone) I am going off to a Mexican restaurant with my friends and a concert for 4th of July! Enjoy the celebrations!

3 comments:

  1. Ciao! Michiamo Alyssa! Come ti chiami?

    thank heavens you have a cute blog! :)

    <3 Piacere ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao :D Michiamo Betty! <3 Piacere!!!! I loveeee u, alyssa!!! and i love ur blog too :) let's go do pottery together!! I made a plate, a teapot and a cup there before! now i wanna make something fun again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. betty, we will definitely make a promise to be potters together!! i'll live on market street this year so that will be soso close to my abode :) how is italy now!?! i miss you and i think you are in the perfect place and this is totally your destiny to be traveling in europe right now :)))) go chase more sunshine & write about itttttt <3 :)

    ReplyDelete