Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My thoughts of Roma

Well Rome in English!


The trip was pretty much a dream for me. Walking through Rome, visiting the Coliseum, sightseeing around the city on the tour bus, everything is adventurous, exciting and fascinating. Rome is a city full with art, culture and history, so walking around the city is like exploring in a museum.  I love museums and go to museum all the time at home; however, this “museum” is definitely my favorite. All the architecture in Rome is pieces of unique art. All the colorful buildings have their own characteristics with the wooden long windows, different types of artistic doors and distinctively decorated balconies full of beautifully bloomed plants. I can just walk in Rome all day and night and enjoy the beauty of the city. 

I loved my visit at the Coliseum because I finally saw it with my own eyes but not the pictures on my European history book anymore. I touched it and felt the antiquity of it. Moreover, it reminded of my college essay on fencing (I promised I am totally not nerdy like this but you know MEMORIES! haha) I wrote about one of my experiences at a fencing tournament, “I am standing on the strip with my foil, countless people surrounding the bout, like the walls of the Coliseum.” Being at the Coliseum definitely brought back memories about fencing and just the strong desire for winning each match. 

Of course I visited a lot more other places too in Rome, but y'all know the touristy stuff! I would say Roma is good for 2 days the most. It is a little to touristy for me and too much of a business, but definitely go visit if you get a chance to because it is an experience over all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment