Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Life as a Busy Bee!

Ciao tutti! Come stai? Sorry that I haven't been updating you all recently about what is going on. Like really sorry that I disappear for like almost forever lol

I was expecting myself to have quite a bit of free time to update my blog before since it was Golden Week  two weeks before. So what is the "Golden Week"! April 29 is Showa Day, the birthday of a former Emperor Showa; May 3 is Constitutional Day; May 4 is Greenery Day which is dedicated to environment and nature; May 5 is Children's Day (well if you have a boy in the house, then you will celebrate it!) Well basically yosakoi takes over my life now! So when people do a play or in the musical, they have a week called the "hell week" before the shows start, and here I have a "hell month" before the Yosakoi festival (Yosakoi ソーラン祭り) at the beginning of June! Thanks to everyone in the yosakoi team, even though practice is hard, but the fun part definitely overcomes the hard stuff!



http://www.yosakoi-soran.jp/

I haven't been getting much rest indeed since who knows when because my life is basically yosakoi now :) The very last weekend of April, the yosakoi team had practice in the morning on campus first then we went to our sponsor's (a seafood provider) factory to practice our dance outdoor. However, Saturday was not the most intense practice out of the practices that we had that weekend. Dancing for almost 8 hours is already not a big deal since it is quite common for Yosakoi. Of course we will get some 2-minute water break in between but all these dance practices compare to what I have ever done is just so different. I think dancing outdoor, despite how the weather is, is probably the most intense part of dance practice. No matter how cold it is or if it is raining or super windy, we will still practice our dance outdoor. However, it totally makes sense since the festival is going to take place outdoor at the Odori Park in the city center. It is one of the biggest festival in Sapporo and the whole Odori Park area will be closed down for the event for about 5 days. No matter how the weather is, the festival will still go on, so us dancers will dance in all conditions and perform our best for our audience.

In fact, I went to a dance camp with the team to a place called "Kiroro." Nonetheless, I didn't notice that Kiroro is actually a mountain, so I was definitely not dressed very appropriately - it was a bit cold to dance outdoor! There was even snow up on the mountain. I need to say - definitely an experience and knock on wood for not getting sick! It was a fun trip over all because it was definitely bonding time with everyone in the team and we even went to osen (hot spring) together!!



During the Golden Week vacation, I got to go to 苫小牧 (Tomakomai) with my host family to visit papa's sister on Thursday. The city is famous for factories lol and lakes with swans! However, the weather was horrible over Golden Week, so we didn't spend much time outdoor at all. The car ride from Sapporo to Tomakomai is about 2 hours, so I got to catch up on some sleep on my way there. However, I didn't sleep much over the weekend because I got tricked to go out on Thursday night to Susukinow with a group of liars (still love you guys though, but if you are reading this, you know I am talking about you! lol) It was a fun night since we just chilled and played pool at a bar called B Bar; however, I was so tired that I just fell asleep in the bar for a good while before I could catch the first train home at 6. Then I got up after a couple hours of sleep and went hang out with my yosakoi team since we had our bowling day (it was supposed to be 花見(hanami, flower watching), but it was raining, so we called it off and turn it into a bowling competition)! Bowling was definitely fun, but I was just exhausted lol I guess I tried my best to function with a couple hours of sleep? haha Saturday and Sunday was mainly practice with yosakoi.

Okay - here is my little make-up update for you all! I promise more to come about my insane weekend this past weekend soon ;) Sorry again and good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment